AIP Week 2020’s theme is ‘MIND Your Health: Mental Health Awareness’ and focuses on the invisibility of mental illness, how we can all be more mindful of our mental health and how to help improve others. The aim is to bring awareness to factors such as stress, fatigue, concussion, that have an impact on an individual’s mental health and how this, in turn, affects the arts and entertainment industries.
As you are aware, as a result of the pandemic, AIP Week has become a completely virtual event where Actsafe will be sharing mental health information, resources, and hosting webinars presented by mental health experts to help reduce the stigma around mental health.
The webinars are scheduled for 10 am and 1 pm daily and you can find the full webinar schedule and registration here.
Some of the webinar topics include:
- An overview of concussions and their impacts on your mental health Philippe Saucier, SportMedBC (Monday, Sept. 21)
- Creating a Supportive Workplace: How Managers, Stewards, and Supervisors can support Mental Health Calltime: Mental Health and FSEAP (Tuesday, Sept. 22)
- Support for Performers’ Mental Health Before, During, and After COVID-19 The Professional Society of Canadian Intimacy Coordinators and Directors (Tuesday, Sept. 22)
- Returning to Work and Life in the Era of COVID-19 Dr. Joti Samra, MyWorkplaceHealth (Wednesday, Sept. 23)
- Sick and Tired: A conversation about stress and fatigue Mike Harnett, Solaris Fatigue Management (Friday, Sept. 25)
- Your Mental Health in Entertainment Production: Taking Care of Yourself and Your Peers Calltime: Mental Health and FSEAP (Friday, Sept. 25)