Monthly Archives: September 2020
Actsafe Injury Prevention Week – September 21-25, 2020
AIP Week 2020’s theme is ‘MIND Your Health: Mental Health Awareness’ and focuses on the invisibility of mental illness, how we can all be more mindful of our mental health and how to help improve others. The aim is to bring awareness to factors such as stress, fatigue, concussion, that have an impact on an individual’s mental health and how this, in turn, affects the arts and entertainment industries.
As you are aware, as a result of the pandemic, AIP Week has become a completely virtual event where Actsafe will be sharing mental health information, resources, and hosting webinars presented by mental health experts to help reduce the stigma around mental health.
The webinars are scheduled for 10 am and 1 pm daily and you can find the full webinar schedule and registration here.
Some of the webinar topics include:
- An overview of concussions and their impacts on your mental health Philippe Saucier, SportMedBC (Monday, Sept. 21)
- Creating a Supportive Workplace: How Managers, Stewards, and Supervisors can support Mental Health Calltime: Mental Health and FSEAP (Tuesday, Sept. 22)
- Support for Performers’ Mental Health Before, During, and After COVID-19 The Professional Society of Canadian Intimacy Coordinators and Directors (Tuesday, Sept. 22)
- Returning to Work and Life in the Era of COVID-19 Dr. Joti Samra, MyWorkplaceHealth (Wednesday, Sept. 23)
- Sick and Tired: A conversation about stress and fatigue Mike Harnett, Solaris Fatigue Management (Friday, Sept. 25)
- Your Mental Health in Entertainment Production: Taking Care of Yourself and Your Peers Calltime: Mental Health and FSEAP (Friday, Sept. 25)
ACFC West 2021 Annual Dues – Payment due by October 1, 2020
The annual dues year for ACFC West, Local 2020 Unifor begins October 1st of each year and runs through to and including
September 30th of the following year. If you are currently a Member in Good Standing and have received our notice, you are
eligible to renew your membership for the upcoming year commencing October 1st, 2020.
Annual dues for the 2021 dues year, which is required to maintain your Member in Good Standing status, is $100.00.
Please note: in order to renew membership, a Member who requires a driver’s license to perform his or
her duties must provide a current drivers abstract or a signed authorization letter allowing the union to
obtain the member’s abstract.
In addition, payment of annual dues DOES NOT entitle you to renew your benefits through ACFC West, Local 2020
Unifor’s health benefits plan. However, maintaining benefits on the health plan are subject to payment of Annual Dues, and
will be immediately terminated if dues are delinquent by 30 days.
1) In order to remain a Member in Good Standing of ACFC West, Local 2020 Unifor, you are required to pay one
payment of $100.00 for the full year. Your payment must be received at the ACFC West, Local 2020 Unifor
business office on or before October 1st, 2020.
*** This payment DOES NOT automatically entitle you to renew health benefits. ***
2) You can pay your 2021 Annual Dues by phone with Visa or Mastercard, or in-person with Cash, Debit or Cheque.
Please call our office at (604) 299-2232
3) Please mail any Cheques or Money Orders to the following address:
c/o ANNUAL DUES
ACFC West, Local 2020 Unifor
#108 – 3993 Henning Drive
Burnaby, BCV5C 6P7
Cheques and/or Money Orders should be made payable to: ACFC West, Local 2020 Unifor
ACFC Creative Pathways Workforce Roundtable – September 14, 2020
Creative BC and the Motion Picture Production Industry Association of BC are collaborating on an initiative called Creative Pathways, a project which aims to build a workforce that has more balanced and fair representation of British Columbians, particularly those from under-represented groups. We are hosting Creative Pathways Workforce Roundtables in September 2020 where we want to understand members’ perspectives about working in BC’s motion picture industry.
We want to hear from Members and Permittees – particularly those from underrepresented groups. The date/time for ACFC West members is Monday September 14th from 9-10am PST.
As union and guild members and permittees, the discussion will focus on the following topics: what processes or projects to advance underrepresented groups are currently in place that should be kept, what should be changed and what should be added that the industry doesn’t have in place?
We look forward to your participation. Please sign up using the registration form found HERE